Epifanes Clear High Gloss Varnish, known around the world, is considered the ultimate in high gloss finish. This traditional marine varnish is based on tung oil, phenolic-modified alkyd resins and maximum U.V. absorbers. It has outstanding protection for all marine and household woods. Apply Epifanes to Interior and exterior woods above the waterline. It offers superior flow and durability. Thus it is easy to apply and long lasting. In addition, it has excellent flexibility and water resistance in all climate conditions.
- Classic ultra high gloss yacht varnish
- Contains an ultra violet filter protecting the wood against discoloration.
- Ideally used on wood or plywood treated with Smiths CPES as a primer. This extends varnish life significantly
- Also for use on bare wood or plywood treated with intact existing one and two component varnishes
- Used both for the interior and the exterior above the waterline
- Supplied in 500ml or 1 litre packs
Application of Epifanes Clear High Gloss Varnish
Prepare surfaces properly first.
- New wood. Prime new wood with CPES first
- Maintenance Coats. Roughen old varnish finishes with wire wool or fine sandpaper prior to applying Epifanes. This provides a key for the new varnish
Apply Epifanes by Brush, Roller or Spray. Clean brushes, rollers or other equipment with white spirit.
Prime surfaces with CPES first for the best results and maximum durability.
Buy these together as a Permanent Exterior Varnishing Kit and get them both at a discount
Read our varnish application notes for further informaiton on varnishing.
Ideal for providing UV protection to wood primed with Clear Penetrating Epoxy Sealer (CPES™).
Anyone who has ever used Epifanes Clear High Gloss Clear Varnish will tell you why it is considered to be the world’s best spar varnish.
This varnish is famous for its high gloss retention, long lasting properties, excellent outdoor durability, superior flowing characteristics and high build properties.
Some of our customers like to use Wood Finish Varnish for the base coats, and finish with one or two coats of Epifanes High Gloss Varnish. Wood Finish Varnish does not require sanding between coats. This allows for quicker application, however Wood Finish Varnish is more expensive.