Epifanes Clear High Gloss Varnish, known around the world, is considered the ultimate in high gloss finish. This traditional marine varnish is based on tung oil, phenolic-modified alkyd resins and maximum U.V. absorbers. It has outstanding protection for all marine and household woods and can be applied to Interior and exterior woods above the waterline. It offers superior flow and durability. In addition, it has excellent flexibility and water resistance in all climate conditions.
Ideal for providing UV protection to wood primed with Clear Penetrating Epoxy Sealer (CPES™).
Ask anyone who has ever used Epifanes Clear High Gloss Clear Varnish and you will learn why it is considered to be the world’s best spar varnish.
Applied by Brush, Roller or Spray.
For further information on varnishing, please read our varnish application notes.
- Classic ultra high gloss yacht varnish, containing an ultra violet filter protecting the wood against discoloration.
- Ideally used on wood or plywood treated with Smiths CPES as a primer. This extends varnish life significantly.
- Also for use on bare wood or plywood treated with intact existing one- and two component varnishes both for the interior and exterior above the waterline.
- Supplied in 500ml or 1 litre packs
- This varnish is famous for its high gloss retention, long lasting properties, excellent outdoor durability, superior flowing characteristics and high build properties.
This should always be used on a CPES primed surface for the best results and maximum durability. Buy these together as a Permanent Exterior Varnishing Kit and get them both at a discount
Some of our customers like to use Wood Finish Varnish for the base coats, and finish with one or two coats of Epifanes High Gloss Varnish. Wood Finish Varnish does not require sanding between coats which allows for quicker application. The Wood Finish Varnish is however more expensive.